Here’s another way to make applesauce.
This applesauce is amazing! It packs a punch! You may prefer it sweeter, but this is perfection for us.
This is not an exact science, but here’s what I did.
All you need is apples, apple juice, and cinnamon.
- Wash 15-20 medium sized apples.
- Peeled, cored, and cut into chunks.
- Put them in the slow cooker.
- Add 3/4 cups 100% apple juice.
- Sprinkled cinnamon on top.
- Turned the slow cooker on high and put on the cover.
I checked it about 2-2.5 hours later, gave it a stir, and turned it down to low for about 30 minutes longer.
Your cook time will vary depending on the type of apples and how chunky you like your applesauce. You may need more or less apple juice depending on the apple variety too. I used Empire apples.
Check out how we made and canned the rest of our applesauce.